Monday, September 16, 2013

First Care Package!

I was so excited to put this first package together! I started thinking up ideas and collecting things while I was traveling over the summer. I shipped the package on the same day he deployed, so I found out last night that luckily it made it his first port the same time he did! =)


Contents
1 pack banana granola
14 chocolate mini granola bars
1 pair of pants (per request)
36 home-made Snickerdoodle Cookies
1 pack Swedish Cookies
1 bottle bbq sauce (to spice up the boring meats)
1 Sweden/Denmark flag pin
1 sweet card haha
1 pack beef jerky
7 varied Swedish chocolate bars



I knew everything else would be fine, but I was a bit worried about the cookies! He let me know last night that they tasted only a few days old and were not too dried out.. so I'll take it! =) I actually baked & packed those over 2 weeks ago, so I think we did pretty good. I double saran-wrapped about 6 per stack and then put all those in a larger ziplock that I sucked all the air out.


Overall this was super fun and I can hardly wait to start the next one!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment